Sunday, November 28, 2010

Palak-Methi Puri

Puffed Spinach-Fenugreek Bread
Ingredients:
Whole Wheat flour - 1 cup
Chick pea flour - 50 gms
Maize flour ( Makki ka atta) - 50 gms (optional)
Fenugreek leaves - I used leaves of one bunch of the big variety
Spinach - 1 bunch
Cumin seeds ( Jeera) - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Chilie powder to taste.

Maize flour is optional, I bought it to make Makkai ki roti - and failed miserably, so I was left with the flour that I am using here.  I am sure it had something to do with the crispness of the final product)

Take all ingredients.  And with sufficient water make a dough with is reasonably soft ( not too soft).  A little oil can also be added in the process.  Keep aside for a while.

Roll into puris and deep fry.

The puris have the lovely flavour of fenugreek leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some time to spare? Do leave a comment. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails