Saturday, May 29, 2010

Veg Hotchpotch


A Hotchpotch - is said to be a stew or soup of veggies or meat.  A jumbled mixture. This is only with vegetables and a little cooked dal.   I picked up whatever there was in the refrigerator - and some readymade masalas.  

Ingredients
Veggies - Shallots, Capsicum, Potato, Tomato, Carrots - one of each

Maggi Bhuna Masala - 1 pack - this is essentially a paste of sautéd onion, tomato and salt.
Maggi Veggie magic cube - 1  ( did it add to the taste?  not sure) - optional
Moong dal ( green gram split ) - cooked - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 2 pods
Raw mango - 1 small piece ( optional)
Coriander (dhania) powder - 1 tbsp
Chilie powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Curry leaves few.

Take a wok.  Heat oil.
Add the mustard and wait till it splutters.
And the curry leaves. sauté
Add the shallots, sauté till slightly brown
Add the vegetables. Some water and cook till just tender.
Then add the cooked dal and a pack of Maggi Bhuna Masala and the veggie cube
I had a little piece of raw mango which I added and it gave a tanginess to the dish ( optional)
Add the powders - turmeric, dhania, chillie
Add salt if required.

Serve with hot rice or roti.

2 comments:

  1. As usual....this looks fantastic my dear friend. I sure could eat some of that right now...I have not been cooking for so long and I am hungry for goooooood food! Smile.

    Email me, I am off on an adventure and want to invite you along to my special invite only blog....can you email me so I have your email address? I suspect I do have it somewhere but grin...I am in the midst of packing and such a mess!!!! Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the ingredients used in this.Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Some time to spare? Do leave a comment. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails