Thursday, December 12, 2013

Vanilla Cake made with Oil

I made this cake twice.  And still do not have a good enough picture.  It gets over that quick...  Really nice, just the right amount of sweetness, lovely texture.  I smeared the top with some melted semi-sweetened chocolate - just a wee bit - and it was nice too.  Recipe is from A cook @ heart.


Ingredients: -  I used a 8" cake tin for half of this recipe - and I used a cup measure

All purpose flour - 2 1/2 cup 625 gms
Sugar - 2 cups - 500 gms
Eggs - 4
Milk - 1 cup - 250 ml
Vegetable oil - 3/4 cup - 175 ml
Baking powder - 2 1/4 tsp - 11 gms
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Preheat oven - 180 C
Line and grease the cake tin
Beat the sugar and eggs well - I used a manual egg beater - electric one may work better
Add flour, milk, oil, baking powder and vanilla and continue to beat for another minute or so till just smooth
Pour batter into prepared cake tin
Bake till the crust is golden brown and a skewer put into center of cake comes out clean

*I melted a few pieces of unsweetened chocolate ( put in a microwave safe bowl - on high for about a minute. stir and keep till you find it has melted - add a bit of butter and beat till smooth - pour and smoothen on surface)  Remember chocolate holds its shape as it melts so one needs to check in between or one will land with burnt chocolate.


4 comments:

  1. Looks scrumptious!! Yeah that's right....go ahead and tempt me, just when I am desperately trying to lose weight...Haha ;)
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally make cakes with oil, I think oil makes cakes more moist and also less chance of burning or going brown...I can imagine why you can't get good photos of your cake. It sure looks tempting :-)

    ReplyDelete

Some time to spare? Do leave a comment. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails